[SunHELP] Sun Netra T1 105 as a workstation?

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Fri Jul 19 07:46:13 CDT 2013

Solaris 10 brings in all the Gnome/Java Desktop stuff right? Or can you choose
CDE? I would expect CDE to be a little lighter in resources & dependencies.

   Some years ago in our data center I had a dozen V100s -- a similar system
-- and I would have wanted *not* to run a whole pile of Gnome on them if I had
to choose. :7) Can you just `ssh -X` into them and bring your X programs over
to a local computer, are are you honest-to-gosh trying to make this thing your
daily driver?

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt