[SunHELP] RE the EMC array migration question

David Strom dstrom at ciesin.columbia.edu
Thu Sep 21 09:24:22 CDT 2006

Original post at the bottom.  We have the same 2 EMC arrays, an FC4700 &
a CX500, and we plan to migrate data (not Oracle, though) from the
FC4700 to the CX500.  My EMC tech says that the FLARE code version
shouldn't be a problem.  HTH.

His reply:
"I will address the SanCopy part of this...San Copy only needs to be
installed on 1 array, in this case the CX500.  It uses LUN World Wide
Names to address the LUN it is pushing data to or pulling data from, in
this case a data pull.   SanCopy is used for data migration from other
vendor's storage arrays as well, who would not have the Clariion
operating system (Flare) installed.  Therefore I do not believe there
will be any issues with a SanCopy data pull in your environment.  I will
however forward your concerns on to other internal EMC resources for
verification."

--
David Strom