[SunHELP] Bind 9.2.3

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Tue May 25 12:57:36 CDT 2004

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 07:21:32PM +0530, Vipul Bhadra wrote:
> Hi Lara ,
>
> yeh ur right .. basically both "Domain" and "Search" options are same
> (either needs to be mentioned in the resolv.conf file and NOT both).

That's not correct.  You can have both domain and search entries.

DOMAIN identifies the domain to which this host belongs (and which,
implicitly, should be searched first for unqualified hostnames).  SEARCH
specifies additional domains which should *also* be searched fro
unqualified hostnames if they are not found in DOMAIN.

For instance, our hosts have DOMAIN set to babcom.com.  The SEARCH
directive causes them to also search caerllewys.net (and, at times in
the past, latt.net, londonbelow.net and novylen.net as well).

 :  alaric at caerllewys.net|phil-stracchino at earthlink.net|phil at novylen.net  :