[SunHELP] Re: Disk Mirroring and failover

Tom Lieuallen toml at engr.orst.edu
Wed May 12 17:12:45 CDT 2004

I get the digest so nothing to include...  Someone asked how you'd know if
one of the mirrored disks had failed.  metastat was mentioned.

mdlogd provides snmp support and can send snmp traps for critical events.
I've found it's kinda chatty (like one trap per partition on a failed
disk -- at least) -- but if you want the information, it's there.

We use that as well as a 'metacheck.sh' script that appears to have come
from Sun somewhere/sometime.  We run the script in cron several times a
day, just to be sure.

Tom Lieuallen
Oregon State University