[SunHELP] DiskSuite 4.2.1 on Solaris 2.6

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed May 12 08:34:25 CDT 2004

" From: Dale Ghent <daleg at elemental.org>
"
" On May 12, 2004, at 3:26 AM, ert weerr wrote:
"
" > Hi Guruz,
" >
" > I need to organize the disks of our server into mirror
" > but disksuite still hasn't installed on the box.
" > It runs Solaris 2.6 and I could just find our
" > Solaris 2.8 installation CD.
" >
" > Can I install the newer DiskSuite on this old, 2.6
" > system?
" > I mean without any future error?
"
" DS 4.2.1 is supported only on Solaris 8.
"
" You will need to use DS 4.2 for version of solaris less than 8.

the ver that shipped with 2.6 server was 4.1.