[SunHELP] Sendmail

Miguel Valiente mvaliente at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 10 12:57:39 CST 2004

I have a trouble with sendmail configuration in my application server, i
hope you can help me, please!

Mail server 1.1.1.1
Application server 1.1.1.2

/etc/hosts file in 1.1.1.2
  127.0.0.1 localhost
  1.1.1.1     mail_server
  1.1.1.2     machine  machine.domain   loghost

% sendmail -bt -d0.1 < /dev/null
Version 8.11.6+Sun
Compiled with: LDAPMAP MAP_REGEX LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7
                NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET NETINET6 NETUNIX NEWDB NIS NISPLUS
                QUEUE SCANF SMTP USERDB XDEBUG

============ SYSTEM IDENTITY (after readcf) ============
      (short domain name) $w = Here i get machine name
  (canonical domain name) $j = $w.$m         <-- I get exactly this!
         (subdomain name) $m = Here i get domain
                 (node name) $k = machine name again

ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)
Enter <ruleset> <address>

%sendmail -v user at domain
   domain : Name server timeout
   user at domain : Transient parse error -- message queued for future delivery

I need to know what entries in sendmail.cf to change and which values put
there.

Regards
Miguel