[SunHELP] TCPWRAPPERS

Charu Kamath charu.bhargava at estelcom.com
Fri Mar 12 03:39:06 CST 2004

I just installed TCP wrapper7.6 on Solaris 5.7.
I opted for advanced configuration and changed the config in inetd.conf,
restarted the inetd daemon. Everything working fine. But when i looked up
/var/adm/messages I got the following error.

any idea what is this abt?
----
Mar 12 02:16:24 inetd[139]: config: rstatd/rpc/udp still active and was not
reconfigured.
Mar 12 02:16:24 inetd[139]: config: 100083/rpc/tcp still active and was not
reconfigured.
----

the inetd.conf loks like this-
# Ftp and telnet are standard Internet services.
#
ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.ftpd
telnet  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.telnetd
#
# Tnamed serves the obsolete IEN-116 name server protocol.
#
name    dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.tnamed
#
# Shell, login, exec, comsat and talk are BSD protocols.
#
shell   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.rshd
login   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.rlogind
exec    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.rexecd
comsat  dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.comsat
talk    dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.talkd
#
# Must run as root (to read /etc/shadow); "-n" turns off logging in
utmp/wtmp.
#
uucp    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.uucpd
#
# Tftp service is provided primarily for booting.  Most sites run this
# only on machines acting as "boot servers."
#
#tftp   dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.tftpd -s
/tftpboot
#
# Finger, systat and netstat give out user information which may be
# valuable to potential "system crackers."  Many sites choose to disable
# some or all of these services to improve security.
#
finger  stream  tcp     nowait  nobody  /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.fingerd
#
# Rstatd is used by programs such as perfmeter.
#
rstatd/2-4      tli   rpc/datagram_v wait root /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/lib/netsvc/rstat/rpc.rstatd
# Sun ToolTalk Database Server
#
100083/1        tli     rpc/tcp wait root /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/dt/bin/rpc.ttdbserverd