[SunHELP] Flash Archive and shadow,passwd,groups

Skelton Richard (IFGB DCB) Richard.Skelton at infineon.com
Tue Mar 9 12:33:25 CST 2004

Hi,
We use NIS so don't need to restore passwd etc.
This is part of my flash finish script:-
echo "Clean up old sar files"
rm -rf /a/var/adm/sa/*
echo "Clean up old /var/adm/messages"
rm -rf /a/var/adm/messages*
echo "Clean up old /var/adm/utmpx "
rm -rf /a/var/adm/utmpx
echo "Clean up old /var/adm/wtmpx "
rm -rf /a/var/adm/wtmpx
touch /a/var/adm/wtmpx
echo "Clean up old /var/adm/sulog "
rm -rf /a/var/adm/sulog
echo "Clean up old /var/adm/vold.log"
rm -rf /a/var/adm/vold.log
echo "Clean up old /var/tmp"
rm -rf /a/var/tmp/*
echo "Clean up old crash files"
rm -rf /a/var/crash
echo "Clean up old calendar files"
rm -rf /a/var/spool/calendar/*
rm -rf /a/var/spool/calendar/.lock*
rm -rf /a/var/spool/calendar/.calbak*
echo "Remove keys so they can be recreated on first boot"
rm -f /a/opt/openssh-3.7.1p2/etc/ssh_host*
${SI_CONFIG_DIR}/set_root_pw
echo "Add /etc/defaultrouter"
cp ${SI_CONFIG_DIR}/etc/defaultrouter /a/etc/defaultrouter
echo "Install our /etc/nsswitch.conf"
cp ${SI_CONFIG_DIR}/etc/nsswitch.conf /a/etc/nsswitch.conf
echo "Install our /etc/resolv.conf"
cp ${SI_CONFIG_DIR}/etc/resolv.conf /a/etc/resolv.conf

Karl.Rossing at Federated.CA wrote:

>I'm using flash archives as a way of protecting my veritas servers.
>
>When i do a flash archive it seems that the following files are not
>retained passwd,shadow,group,nsswitch.conf,resolve.conf
>
>I'm going to write a little backup and restore script. I'm wondering if
>there are any other files i should be including.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Karl

Cheers

Richard Skelton