[SunHELP] Restarting DNS after emergency re-installation of the O/S

Nigel Trivass trivass at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 15 05:34:38 CDT 2003

Hi Gurus, We are currently rebuilding the solaris server which acts as
our primary dns server. We had a server crash which corrupted the
operating system, and SUN have advised that a fresh install of the O/S
[2.6] is required. Currently DNS/named is running on a secondary server We
have all the original configuration files - named.conf etc  The installed
version of named is 4.9.4-P1
 My question is this: Should we simply restart named on the primary
server once it has been rebuilt and the original DNS configuration files
have been copied onto the master server?  Are there any other steps we
have to take to ensure that DNS will work as exactly as it did prior to
the rebuild? Any help very gratefully appreciated.  Nigel Trivass