[SunHELP] How Do I......

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Tue Jun 3 13:18:54 CDT 2003

	I have a new sun server as some may know. I am about ready to give
up on Raid. $2K was just not budgetted for. So here is what I want to do. I
want to make a file system that spans the 4 disks in my D2 array. This array
consists of 4 36 GB drives. I would like to mount a /newdir on the system
where /newdir will span all four disks making the volume size of /newdir be
around 144GB. Can I do this? what is the command/tool for it? If not I will
have to mount the four disks seperatly.

	Secondly. Many moons ago when I was working on my degree I learned
how to send my X windows sessions from the sun servers at school to my
desktop remotely.  This, I found out, was not a terribly good thing over
dial-up so I gave it up and just did it command line. My boss on the other
hand is not as bright as me and needs a GUI. Can anyone point me to the docs
on how to do this again? I would love to earn the Kudos for setting this up.

	Thanks.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org