[SunHELP] New Mailing List (sorta): SALES

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Jun 3 12:36:20 CDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 06:18:14PM +0100, Peter Stokes wrote:
> The main reason why I would like to have us listed on any Sun for sale list
> is that you occaisionally see requests for UK suppliers of second user kit
> and there are not that many in the UK who actually carry kit and know
> (within reason) what they are are doing with it, hence giving the customer a
> level of support as well as warranty.
> What I would suggest is some sort of regular email which lists suppliers (by
> country) who are worth contacting. It would be good to compile a list based
> on endorsements much as Ebay does (we are up to 530+ and counting on Ebay
> and it helps enormously with customer confidence).
> Anyway just a thought and would be useful to me as we do purchase a fair
> amount in the US/Europe and always looking for alternatives who have stock.
> Anyone have a view on this?

That's what the Vendor Directory on sunhelp.org is for:

http://www.sunhelp.org/info-vendors.php

You can see there where I have the vendors listed as "Sponsors", "Contributors"
or "Other".

The SALES list is a mailing list (just like the GEEKS, RESCUE, or SUNHELP
lists) to be used for individual sales listings, not a general directory
of people who sell equipment.

Bill

--
bill bradford