[SunHELP] Squid is slow

Josh Kuperman josh at ssimr.com
Sun Jul 13 11:43:37 CDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 09:51:21PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 02:04:52PM -0400, Josh Kuperman wrote:
>
> > 2. This is more important. Remove the redirectors. If you have an
>
> Never.  They filter out ads.
>
> BTW... I'm not the one reporting squid is slow.  My squid is fast, with
> the 9 redirectors and all.
>
> I probably don't have it perfectly optimized, but its limited by the
> speed of the connection anyway.

I was not suggesting removing the redirectors permanently. I was
suggesting it as a way to determine if the problem was the
redirector you were using in the installation or the configuration
of Squid. That is I was suggesting disabling the redirectors so you
could tell if it was the redirector program or the squid
configuration that was slowing you down.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh at ssimr.com

PS: Search the squid list for OPEN2 which is a perl function that
will intercept redirector or auth programs, allowing you to use
multiple programs from the perl script.