[SunHELP] Squid is slow

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Jul 8 20:51:21 CDT 2003

On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 02:04:52PM -0400, Josh Kuperman wrote:

> 2. This is more important. Remove the redirectors. If you have an

Never.  They filter out ads.

BTW... I'm not the one reporting squid is slow.  My squid is fast, with
the 9 redirectors and all.

I probably don't have it perfectly optimized, but its limited by the
speed of the connection anyway.

>    acl for a test machine you can even use the "redirector
>    access_deny" directive to see what happens without them.  BTW,
>    when you say you have 9 redirectors is that really 9 distinct
>    programs using OPEN2, perl script or you simply have 9 child
>    processes. If the latter you might try setting it back down to
>    the default 5.

As far as I can tell, a squid redirector can't be unique: they all have
to be the same.

> Depending on what your redirector does, it can slow squid down. You

They run ad-zapper.