[SunHELP] sun ultra 10

Nigel Trivass trivass at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 3 12:42:18 CDT 2003

Hi,  I'm thinking of  buying a second hand Sun Ultra 10. The spec is as
follows: 333Mhz UltraSPARC Iii CPU with 2Mb cache256Mb 50ns 168pin DRAM
DIMM memory9Gb IDE hard drive 7200 rpm12X IDE CDROM2 x 16.7Mb/second DMA
EIDE connectorsCreator graphics cardPGX24 graphics onboardUPA64 connector
for creator3D and elite3D graphics cards4 x 32-bit 5-volt PCI slots10/100
and 10baseT network portParallel port2xserial portsE-bus based audio
onboard

The price is #225 ($375).

Is this is a reasonable buy? Would an Ultra 5 of similar spec and price
be a better option, assuming I could find one.

Any opinions greatly received.

Nigel