[SunHELP] Slow FTP performance

Paul Khoury pkhoury2 at loop.com
Wed Mar 27 02:29:19 CST 2002

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 08:14:37 +0000, Paul D. Mitcheson wrote:

>Paul,
>
>Do you have a dns server running, or do you use the /etc/hosts file?
>
>If you use dns, try using nslookup and see if the dns lookups are taking
>a long time.

Yes and no.  I guess my default route isn't working, so I took that out, and just put entries in
/etc/hosts
Still doesn't work.
Also, it was suggested to look in syslog, but all I found was /var/logs/syslog - there's hardly
anything there.
FWIW, I got this error on the console earlier today:

Mar 26 13:26:52 gree ftpd[758]: getperrname (/usr/sbin/in.ftpd): Socket operation on non-socket

Paul