[SunHELP] LCD/keyboard controllers for Suns?

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Jan 10 09:16:22 CST 2002

We have several SharkRacks and a couple of APC Net Shelters full of Sun
servers (Ultra 10s to E3500s, maybe some Netras some day; all currently run
2.6), and we control them via keyboards, mouses, and moniotors plugged into
a Lightwave 5000 ServerSwitch per rack.
   In oder to get rid of the monitors & keyboards (and heat!), I'm looking
into those 1U units that hold an LCD display and a trackball. I'm interested
in answers to the following questions:
 - Has anyone used these?
 - Do you have to use the SharkRack product or are there alternatives?
 - If there are alternatives, what are they?
 - Does anyone have feedback on specific products, good or bad?
   Thanks in advance.
-wde
P.S. Sorry if I cross-posted this. I just dunno where else to ask, as our
VAR just shut down.
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator