[SunHELP] Problem with a modem port hang

Fogg, James sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 2 09:54:34 CST 2002

The flow control they mention (I think) would be modem flow control (over
the audio channel). That would usually be set to none. The flow control I
mention is on the serial port. I always try to use flow control.

I have configured TONS of USR's for things like this. If you are using the
dipswitches to set the configuration (recommended), then you might not want
smart mode. Also, there is a dipswitch that sets it up for software or
dipswitch control.

Or... check out www.stokely.com/unix.serial.port.resources for a thorough
thrashing of Solaris and modem knowledge.