[SunHELP] Problem with a modem port hang

Dick Heyman sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 2 09:33:06 CST 2002

USR Sportster modem
RTS/CTS has been set - no control over the other modem - it's the alpha-paging
company - they actually suggest NO flow control - doesn't seem to matter.

I'll check on the DTE.
Thanks,
Dick

>>> "Fogg, James" <JFogg at vicinity.com> 01/02 8:29 AM >>>
I am not familiar with your particulars, but I would check the following...
1) make sure the modem is configured to disconnect on dropped or winked DTE.
2) make sure both ends are configured to use carrier detect.

There are also two ways to configure flow control. One uses RTS/CTS (more
common) and the other uses DTR/DSR (I thnk).

It would help if you mentioned what modem is being used.