[SunHELP] Oracle server?

Fletcher, Joe sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 5 06:27:57 CDT 2001

AFAIK the only 4-way box around currently faster than an ES40 is (or =
will
be) the ES45 due out in November. From my experience with ES40s and HP
L2000s I'd still buy the ES even tho' the future is uncertain. They are =
very
fast, reliable and easy to manage. Your renewal cycle is probably of =
the
order
of a couple of years so the current models will probably carry you =
through
the HPAQ restructuring.

Your option with SUN is one of the new SUNfire boxes but at best they =
are
only on a par with the current EV6-667 systems.

It will be a shame if Tru64 goes away since it's an exceptionally good
product and the Alpha hardware is superb.

It will be interesting to see what the EV8 (sorry, IA64 MKII) products =
look
like in a year or so's time.