[SunHELP] Strange network problems

Maarten Deen sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 5 12:25:32 CDT 2001

Joe Fletcher:

> Do you have T pieces connecting the two hubs? IIRC (been a while since I
> used thinwire) if you just connect straight through and don't have
> terminators then unless your hubs have internal termination active then the
> transmission characteristics will be wrong.

I have. In fact, on one of the hubs, the thinwire is not the end of the
loop so I have to. On this hub I can't set internal termination.

I've tried it on the other hub, and it seems to have solved, but only for
a short while. I now have the same problems again.

I've ordered a new hub, maybe that will solve the problem.

Maarten