[SunHELP] How to NOT install iPlanet in solaris 8 sparc ???

Foong, Tzeweng sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 24 21:58:34 CST 2001

Hello All,

I have been tasked to remove iPlanet from a solaris 8 install process.
I think that the iPlanet (netscape) webserver gets installed by
default with the Software cluster  "SUNWCreq".

We are using Jumpstart Profiles to do the automated install and I need
to come up with a Profile that DOES NOT install iPlanet.

Attached below is the Profile that we use.

I have looked at alot of documentation on  docs.sun.com and the sun FAQ
and several books as well but I cannot find how to do it.  I assume I will
need to do a package delete? but I dont know the name of the package.

Alternately I guess I can run a script at the end to delete the files but I
was hoping not to do that..  Please help !!!  If any one can help I will be
really thankful....   any other suggestions will be gratefully received..

Thanks

PS: I did a course on sol 2.2 a long time ago so I am really a newbie,
please
explain clearly :-)   Thanks....

Tze Weng Foong

#
# Copyright (c) 2000 by Sun Microsystems, Inc.
# All rights reserved.
#
#ident  "@(#)minimal-iPlanetWS-Solaris8-64bit.profile 1.1     00/10/25
SMI"
#

# install_type MUST be first
install_type    initial_install

# start with the minimal required number of packages
cluster         SUNWCreq

# nice stuff
package		SUNWdoc
package		SUNWman
package		SUNWzsh
package		SUNWbash
package         SUNWadmc
package         SUNWadmfw
package         SUNWsadmx

# Since this is intended to be a minimal server, the
# Solaris Core software cluster was used.  However, in
# many cases, a few additional packages are required to
# make the system maintainable.

package		SUNWlibC	add
package		SUNWlibCx	add

# perl
package		SUNWpl5u
package		SUNWpl5m
package		SUNWpl5p

# sshd requires libz ?
package		SUNWzip
package		SUNWzlib
#package		SUNWzlibx

# To support 64 bit
#package		SUNWcarx	add
#package		SUNWcslx	add
#package		SUNWcslu	add
#package		SUNWcsxu	add
#package		SUNWesxu	add
#package		SUNWhmdx	add
#package		SUNWkvmx	add
#package		SUNWlmsx	add
#package		SUNWlocx	add
#package		SUNWnamox	add
#package		SUNWpdx		add

# To support the Network Time Protocol
#package		SUNWntpr	add
#package		SUNWntpu	add

# To support Simple Mail Transport Protcol
package		SUNWsndmu	add
package		SUNWsndmr	add

# To support truss
#package		SUNWtoo		add
#package		SUNWtoox	add

# To support gzip
package		SUNWgzip	add

# To support snoop
#package		SUNWfns		add
#package		SUNWfnsx	add

# To support Secure Shell X Tunneling
#package		SUNWxcu4	add
#package		SUNWxcu4x	add
#package		SUNWxwplt	add
#package		SUNWxwplx	add
#package		SUNWxwrtl	add
#package		SUNWxwrtx	add
#package		SUNWswmt	add

# To support Secure Shell (Solaris 7+)
#package		SUNWxwice	add
#package		SUNWxwicx	add

# want to define how the disk is used - not use defaults
#
# General Purpose Server.  Given the size of today's hard
# drives, providing 500 MB for logs, electronic mail,
# and print queues in addition to 1 GB for swap space
# should not be a problem.  The significant amount of swap
# space can also help protect against certain denial of
# service attacks.
#
partitioning    explicit
# following filesys has jass defaults
# filesys         rootdisk.s3     500     /var
# filesys         rootdisk.s1     1000    swap
# filesys         rootdisk.s0     free    /

# following filesys partitions as wss v2.6
filesys		rootdisk.s0	1000	/
filesys		rootdisk.s1	512	swap
filesys		rootdisk.s3	5
filesys		rootdisk.s4	2000	/var