[SunHELP] Links

Nicholas Dronen sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 24 21:55:07 CST 2001

It means (obviously?) that perl is a symbolic link
to a symbolic link, which is a symbolic link to
another symbolic link, and so on.  In order for
this not to proceed ad infinitum, the kernel
keeps track of the number of links it looks
up when trying to resolve a file or directory
to an inode.

Another possibility is that your process arrived
to the parent directory of the perl directory
by way of a symbolic link; that is, the total
number of symbolic links traversed from the
root directory of the root filesystem exceeds
MAXSYMLINKS.

Either way, you have too many links.