[SunHELP] 100% Root partition

baki sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 4 06:38:05 CDT 2001

plus
http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/shellme/index.html;$sessionid$P2QFKFAAAA20JAMTA1
LU4GQ#filesystem_find
Title

Find large files moved or deleted and held open by a process

"find /proc/*/fd -links 0 -type f -size +2000 -ls"  #2000 blocks (1
block=512bytes)

or

"find /proc/*/fd -links 0 -type f -size +2000c -ls"   #2000 bytes

Description

The total disk space displayed by df -k may not match the total of du -k for
the same file system, there may have been a file that was deleted or moved
when a running process still had it in use.
The OS can not actually delete the file until the process has stopped. This
command will display the file and the process id that you can use to stop
the process. Once the process has been stopped the disk space will be freed.