[SunHELP] why cant I add extra swap file ?

TAG DBA sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 4 06:20:48 CDT 2001

Hello Everybody,
I was trying to add a swap file to my Sun E450 - but faced some problem.
Note that I am doing this as a user (not as root)

$ pwd
/home1
$ mkfile 1024m /home1/tempfile
$ chmod o+t /home1/tempfile
$ swap -a /home1/tempfile
"/home1/tempfile" is not valid for swapping.
It must be a block device or a regular file with the
"save user text on execution" bit set.

I even did chmod 7777 tempfile and tried again - same response.
Cant figure out what I am missing here. The man for mkfile command does say that
non-root users can use this command - all they need to do is turn on the sticky bit.
Can someone help me out ?
regards
~aslam