Fwd: Re: [SunHELP] Building a firewall with Linux 7.0

Larry Snyder sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 20 19:12:02 CST 2001

Hmmm...Linux 7.0 sounds like a RedHat release number.  If you have to
use Linux, do a little research and dig up the distro that came out
of an NSA project, then use iptables.  Nothing against RH, but their
default install is _not_ firewall-ready.  As Mike said, OpenBSD is
far and away your best free (speech & beer) choice.  It takes security
under consideration from the ground up, and always has.

Mike Nicewonger <twmaster at twmaster.com> wrote:
---snip---