[SunHELP] running openssh

Anthony Banez sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 20 18:15:33 CST 2001

Dave,

Is the C compiler included with the gcc package? I already installed the
gcc.3.0.2 package for OS8.  I really appreciate if you can give me the list.

Subject: Re: [SunHELP] running openssh
From: Dave Baldwin <dbaldwin at networkinsight.com>
To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Date: 20 Dec 2001 08:54:51 -0800

I had this problem recently when I did an End User install.  None of the
solaris development headers were installed so I had to install them from
CD 2 of Solaris Software CDs.  I think there were about 8 pkgs and I
found a list for Solaris 2.6 (same pkg names) by google searching
sunhelp and sunmanagers .org

If you can't find them let me know and I will try to look them up.

Dave Baldwin

On Thu, 2001-12-20 at 06:38, Torbjorn Kristoffersen wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 11:53:26AM +0800, Anthony Banez wrote:
> > Yes I already installed openssl prior to openssh, both are Solaris
package
> > format. I also tried
> > compiling using openssh-3.0.1p1.tar, but i get this error message
> >
> > # ./configure
> > checking for gcc... gcc
> > checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
> > cannot cr
> > eate executables
> >
> > Any suggestions ....?
> >

> "config.log" is always helpful. What does it say?
>
> --
> Torbjorn Kristoffersen                 E-mail: sgt at digiweb.no
> UNIX Administrator Digiweb Norway AS   Phone: +47-92011314

Anthony Banez
Network Administrator, NOC
Destiny Inc., Philippines
email: anthonyb at mydestiny.net