[SunHELP] Largest IDE drive capacity on Solaris (SPARC andx86)

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 16 08:56:55 CST 2001

Mark Sailer wrote:

> Yes, you can fit three hard drive in the U10, if you are willing to give up
> your floppy drive.  Actually, when was the last time you used a floppy? ; )

I've fit three in without giving up the floppy. They just have to be the
right drives. I've found that certain SCSI drives will slip right under
the floppy with no modification. The IDE drives that came with the
system (Seagates, and the only IDEs I have around) don't fit there.

Recommendation: give up the IDE and go SCSI, you'll notice an amazing
increase in overall system speed.

---sambo