[SunHELP] oracle on e250

Robert Banniza sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Dec 15 21:33:03 CST 2001

This should be fine but there are many variables in this equation such as the
size of the database, number of concurrent sessions among other things. I'm
using a similar setup with Silverstream and Oracle 8.1.7 on a e420r with 2x450
and 2GB RAM. It runs fine now but could need more of a boost down the road.
However, what I have done is place my database(s) on IBM ESS SAN (fibre) for
several reasons:

1) It is very fast
2) Easy to maintain with multiple levels of RAID (hardware raid on the ESS and
Veritas software RAID through the server).
3) Provides ability to "move" connection to other machines such as E3800
if/when needed.

Bottom line, look carefully at how you lay out your disks as this is usually
the bottleneck. Good luck.

Robert Banniza
Senior UNIX Administrator
Ascension Health
Phone: 812-228-2157
>>> linuxsil at yahoo.com 12/15/01 10:55 AM >>>
hi,

i'm planing to get oracle and I have an e250 1GB 2x400 Mhs with 2x19
GB hard drive it will be enough or should I buy more disks and
memory.
it will be integrated with a content management software from eprise
(are no specs in what so ever I need on their site)

thanks

=====
Silviu Dicu

or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com