[SunHELP] Largest IDE drive capacity on Solaris (SPARC and x86)

Mark Sailer sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Dec 15 12:38:56 CST 2001

Here is a possible answer, for you.  You mileage my vary.

My ULTRA 10 running OBP 3.25
Solaris 8 04/01
Patched with the latest bundle

I have the foloowing IDE Hard Drives installed and running in my system.
I took a chance and bought two large Western Digital IDE drives when
Comp-USA had good rebates.
Maxtor 94610  40gig HD
WDC  WD1200BB 120gig HD
WDC  WC800BB   80gig HD

Looks like you could at least have a total of 360 gig in a U10.
Anyone try the new 160gig drives yet?????

Yes, you can fit three hard drive in the U10, if you are willing to give up
your floppy drive.  Actually, when was the last time you used a floppy? ; )
If I need to "sneaker-net" files, I burn them to a CDRW.

Mark