[SunHELP] query on "tape" operation

Henderson, David sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 14 05:42:23 CST 2001

Could be.

One reason for this is you are sending it to 0cn which will try and compress your data which is already compressed so will increase the time taken to do the archive and could increase the tape usage although I am no expert on this so don't quote me on it.

If you are using an E450 what kind of DDS tape are you using.  I would imagine the drive would be at least a DDS3 and possibly a DDS4 is purchased recently.  In this case you could use higher capactity tapes IIRC 4 GB is DDS2????

I'm sure someone will correct me.

David Henderson