[SunHELP] Re: X Help!

Bob Minvielle sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 21 16:12:27 CDT 2001

Well, I have read almost all of that to no avail.
It _was_ loading an xterm, but I got rid of that.
Loads fine now, but when I open an _xterm_ I have no
PATH... After trying to defeat this  for a few
days now I have no choice but to either use CDE (ugh)
or install linux. Gnome does not work too nicely on
the sun box.

Why is this whole X/dt/CDE thing so hard to config?
On (some) other OSs it is really simple. (put a .wm_style
in your $HOME with the name of the manager and there you
go...)

Am I the only one out there who does not use CDE?

>Bob,
>
>have you had a look round the docs available at
> http://www.afterstep.org/Documentation.php ]? Is it definately an
>xterm
>you're running? Or a dtterm or an aterm. If it's a dtterm have you
>tried
>setting the PATH in $HOME/.dtprofile ?
>
>Looking at the Docs, AfterStep ships with its own terminal called
>aterm, it
>could be that that's what it's running and the initialisation files
>are
>different?

=====
Bob (number9)