[SunHELP] mrtg question

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 7 16:02:45 CDT 2001

Does anyone know whether I can use MRTG for hosts. (I understand this
freeware is for router).
Does anyone have success case of cfg file? Can you let me know?
Also when I use cfgmaker to create cfg file, it always say:

root at skyline # cfgmaker vzread at absdat1
--base: Get Device Info on vzread at absdat1:
Error:
  creating socket: Protocol not supported
 at /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/../lib/mrtg2/SNMP_util.pm line 392
SNMPGET Problem for vzread at absdat1:
 at /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/cfgmaker line 657
--base: Vendor Id:
--base: Populating confcache
--snpo: Skipping ifName scanning because vzread at absdat1: does not seem to support it
--snpo: Skipping ifDescr scanning because vzread at absdat1: does not seem to support it
--snpo: Skipping ifType scanning because vzread at absdat1: does not seem to support it
--snpo: Skipping ipAdEntIfIndex scanning because vzread at absdat1: does not seem to support it
--snpo: Skipping ifPhysAddress scanning because vzread at absdat1: does not seem to support it
--base: Get Interface Info
--base: Walking ifIndex
Error:
  creating socket: Protocol not supported
 at /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/../lib/mrtg2/SNMP_util.pm line 392
SNMPWALK Problem for vzread at absdat1:
 at /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/cfgmaker line 107
--base: Walking ifType

(but I can use snmpwalk to get info of absdat1)

Thanks
Will