[Sunhelp] E4500 memory question

Yoho, Cindy cyoho at umpublishing.org
Wed Sep 13 18:41:53 CDT 2000

Hi folks,

We are an HP shop considering the purchase of a Sun E4500 for an application
that is only available on Solaris, NT and SGI (Maybe AIX, but...:-)   I am
voting for the Sun, but word is out that there are some problems with the
Ultra's cache causing the box to freeze up.  I'd like to know what you all
know about this problem - is it only occurring on certain models, or certain
configurations?   Have any of you experienced it or is it very rare?  Does
anyone (including Sun)  know what exactly is causing it and how to fix it?
Any advice, war stories, etc would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Cindy