[Sunhelp] Shared console terminal

Joe Fletcher joe at meng.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Sep 13 16:24:36 CDT 2000

Hi,

This is going to both SUN and HP lists so hopefully I can get comparative
feedback. Scenario: pair of SUN E420r and pair of HP L2000s. The people
up the food chain want a single terminal to act as console for all four
servers. I'm not interested in console switches at this stage. I only want
to know of gotchas to do with keyboard mappings, function keys, VT
emulation characteristics etc. An HP terminal is already on order but I know
they have a design all of their own. The question is if anyone has already
tried this, "would you recommend trying to run a SUN using an HP terminal
and vice versa?"

On a personal note the key layout on the HP terminals drives me nuts
but it's someone elses chequebook. ;-)

Cheers

Joe