[Sunhelp] Shared console terminal

dhansen at zebra.net dhansen at zebra.net
Wed Sep 13 18:56:27 CDT 2000

 Have you looked into using a terminal server? As for which terminal to use... use
whichever one whose emulation
is either supported on all of the platforms you wish to use it against (sounds like just
Solaris and HP-UX so far)
or just make a termcap/terminfo entry for (pretty simple) whichever system doesn't support
it.
 As for making recommendations about ?-1 versus ?-2, can't really say much without knowing
the model numbers
(or at least the specs.) on the terminals that you're referencing. Keys can be remapped,
emulation can be defined
(if not already), so if you don't object to the actual physical key layout there shouldn't
really be an issue here.
Also, if it's just a terminal, is there a company policy preventing you from getting a
cheap, and generic, 3rd
party terminal?

 -david

p.s.- what was the benefit of no longer sharing answers with the entire mailing list
again? (re: reply-to: field change)

[SMTP:joe at meng.ucl.ac.uk]