[Sunhelp] UFS logging?

John Kennedy jkennedy at orent.com
Wed May 3 10:00:46 CDT 2000

Logging started wi Solaris 7.  Any version before that will not have that
feature.
John

On Tue, 02 May 2000, William Barnett-Lewis lied to us about:
> Hello all,
> Yet another newby question that I've not found in the man files or at
> docs.sun.com.
>
> I understand it is possible to add logging to the Sun UFS by adding the
> option to the vfstab file. However when I have tried to do that, I've ended
> up with a system meltdown on reboot. Obviously I'm doing _something_ wrong
> here... ;/
>
> A description of how to add this option to the file,  a pointer to where
> that information can be found would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> William
> --
> Live without fear; your Creator loves you     | William Barnett-Lewis
> as a mother. Go in peace to follow the good   | mailto://wlewis@mailbag.com
> road and may God's blessing be with           |
> you always.                                   |
> St. Claire                                    |

John Kennedy
UNIX System Administrator
Orent Graphic Arts

To decode go to http://www.ebb.org/ungeek/

If you receive something that says "Send this to everyone you
know," PLEASE pretend you don't know me.

Your anti-Microsoft signatures for Wednesday are...

If you need to point-and-click to administer a machine,
you have no business administering a machine.

Claiming that your operating system is the best in the
world because more people use it is like saying
McDonalds makes the best food in the world.