[Sunhelp] Keyboard probs

Seamus O'Byrne Seamus.O'Byrne at Ward.ie
Sat Jul 22 12:42:32 CDT 2000

Thanks David,

The keyboard may indeed be the problem but I can't be sure no-one tinkered
with the install either, so if I can do an install I can eliminate this from
the probable causes.

The machine is an ultra 5 desktop machine and is "ultrasparc driven".  When
I put the install CD in the drive and reboot I get a dialog box, x windows
or whatever, requesting me to input a username.  Prior to this a white
screen appears and informs that the keyboard cannot be found.  I can't get
the machine to boot straight from the CDrom drive.  The install manual says
something about an installation floppy disk but there is none with the docs.

-----Original Message-----
From: dhansen at zebra.net [mailto:dhansen at zebra.net]
Sent: 21 July 2000 12:42
To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Subject: Re: [Sunhelp] Keyboard probs

 Have you verified that your keyboard is not a problem?

 Hardware problems are not the fault of the OS. I'm assuming
this is an Intel based P.C., rather  than a sparc. If that is the
case then your Bios chip is your problem, not your software.

 I'm not sure what you are referring to when you mention a "windows
dialog box". But as for what to boot from, just boot from your
installation cd-rom.

 Never be afraid of giving 'too much" information about a problem
when you are asking for help, it's far better than giving too little. :)

 -david

SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org