[Sunhelp] Solaris 8 Desktop Color Problem

Martin mart.ad at gmx.net
Thu Jul 6 08:15:56 CDT 2000

Hello Folks,

I'd like to introduce myself to this list with a rather small nuisance .....

Since I am new to the world of Sun, this will be probably a FAQ or RTFM item,
but I really was not able to figure it out ....

I have installed Solaris 8 on my new Ultra 5 machine ....

The problem is that the CDE-Color Style Manager will not save any of my
customized palettes ....
It will let me save the palette, but when I login again I am not able to select
it or modify it, since it disappeared from the menu ....
I have thought that this would be possibly an access privilege issue, but it
doesn's seem so, since I have definite access to
the .dt/palettes directory with the palette descriptions in it ....

At the beginning it was possible to save it, but then I got a big fat core file
in my home directory after login ... since I rm'ed this ...well...
you know the case ...

I have checked the online documentation, but Solaris still won't let me save my
palettes in the way that they can be selected again ....

I do not think that this is a feature ..... I am possibly to dumb to figure out
what's going on at the machine ...

Please ... could someone enlighten me .... ?

Cheers,
Martin Adelstein

--
Never ever let you corrupt by evil M$ .......
No Internet Explorer, no Word, no Outlook