[Sunhelp] SCSI Adapter

BERTOLI Javier E. jbertoli at ultra1.unl.edu.ar
Thu Jul 6 08:24:20 CDT 2000

Hi all:

	I need to add a SCSI adapter to an Ultra5 WS, running openboot
3.15 and Solaris 8. I've read on the Web that it should support the AHA
2940 UW SCSI adapter.
	I have one of them, so I tried it. Openboot sees it, and with the
command probe-scsi-all reports all the attached devices correctly.
	But when I boot, Solaris doesn't even report the SCSI adapter's
existence. I've touched /reconfigure and rebooted, but nothing
happened. I've run the commands drvconf & devlinks by hand, but
nothing again.

	Can somebody give me any clue on what to do? Are there any other
SCSI adapters I should try?

	Thanks in advance
					Javier

         Javier E. Brtoli        |           Centro de Telemtica
                                  |     Universidad Nacional del Litoral
        jbertoli at unl.edu.ar       |           Santa Fe - Argentina
       "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans"
                                                               (J. Lennon)