[SunHELP] Logging memory errors

Fletcher, Joe sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 5 08:01:04 CST 2000

Hi,

Any system worth anything these days can cope with transient memory errors.
It's why ECC RAM
was invented. It becomes especially important on systems with large amounts
of RAM where
errors become statistically more likely. As far as I've been able to
discover SUN don't have a hardware error logging facility in the same way as
say Compaq(DEC) Alphas do. Everything gets listed in var/adm/messages and
that's about it.

If you do find out about any other facilities I'd be interested to hear
about them.

Cheers

Joe