[SunHELP] RE: Looking for Package information

Scanlan, Brian (5188) sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 5 02:04:03 CST 2000

Hi there,

You need to check out the /var/sadm/install/contents file - IIRC,
something like...

grep /usr/ccs /var/sadm/install/contents | awk '{print $NF}' | sort | uniq

...will give you a list of the packages that make up /usr/ccs, do the same
for any other file/directory!

There's excellent information on sun.com/blueprints about creating a
minimised
install of Solaris!

Brian.