[Sunhelp] Ethernet Foibles on an IPX

Barnett-Lewis, William william.barnett.lewis at seb.state.wi.us
Thu Apr 20 13:16:24 CDT 2000

I asked this before on Rescue, but no answer. Perhaps someone here will have
an idea?

I have an IPX, running Solaris 7,  that I have connected via a transceiver
and twisted-pair crossover cable to my PowerMac. I run a dhcp server
software on the Mac and use ifconfig to tell the IPX where to get it's
address. This worked fine. Then tonight, I log in as root and ifconfig says
that "le0: no such interface" Reboot. Samething. Reboot -r. Samething.
Shutdown to prom. "Test /sbus/le" comes back with both internal and external
loopback ok. hmm. Go to my work office. Test both transceiver and cable.
Both work fine. Obviously I'm missing something here. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
William
--