[Sunhelp] GPL Packet filter for solaris

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Thu Apr 20 11:18:04 CDT 2000

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Omar List wrote:

> Im used to using Linux's ipchains for our network security.. cant afford
> FW-1 or other high-priced firewalls :) Are u aware of a good packet filter
> for Solaris (2.51 or 2.6) that's under the general public license? there
> must be something as powerful as ipchains that im not aware of... thanks!

ipfilter.  Considerably more powerful than ipchains especially in the
areas of stateful TCP filtering:

http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~avalon/ip-filter.html
http://www.obfuscation.org/ipf/

It is _not_ licensed under the GPL, which the original author considers
too restrictive.  Free redistribution and use in either source or binary
form is allowed.

-James