[Sunhelp] [Sunhelp]: NIS problems on a NIS master

Adrian Petrescu a_petrescu at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 28 19:36:06 CDT 1999

Hello,

I have a strange problem with a SS20 configured as a NIS Master.
After changing the /etc/nsswitch.conf to have the same content as
/etc/nsswitch.nis and rebooting the server, the system is not able to
boot-up completely.
I cannot telnet or ftp to this machine.

The server is configured as a NIS client for itself and for another NIS
slave. Evidently I cannot reach the slave also.

If I boot in single-user mode and configure /etc/nsswitch.conf only for
"files", the server boots up in a normal way.

On the server there is also a /etc/resolv.conf file, I use "B=-b" in
/var/yp/Makefile.

I would really apreciate any help.

Regards,
Adrian