[Sunhelp] Solaris 2.6 Patch Order

Wayne W. Adams wayne.w.adams at boeing.com
Wed Jul 28 15:51:44 CDT 1999

Wes Hofmann wrote:

> Hello
>
> Perhaps someone can clear up some confusion here.  After doing a clean
> install of Solaris 2.6, what is the correct order in which to install
> patches?  The patches that I know of are the 22 mb patch cluster available
> from sun at sunsolve.sun.com, and the two patch clusters at Tadpole's FTP:
> TTI_Solaris_2.6_patch_bundle.tar.Z and TTI_Solaris_2.6_packages.tar.Z.
> What is the correct order to install these?  Thank you.

Wes, TTI_Solaris_2.6_patch_bundle.tar.Z & TTI_Solaris_2.6_packages.tar.Z
are not patch clusters in the Sun sense of the word.  They are tar
bundles of patches and(or) products that have
been bundled together by tadpole (www.tadpole.com) to support their
addons and
enhancements.  I'm sure tadpole can better tell you than anyone else the
order in which to install their  bundled patches but it appears they are
installed in order; e.g., T00003-01, T030001-01, ...
In summary after installing Solaris 2.6, you should probably install the
latest 2.6 patch cluster from SunSolve, followed by the tadpole patches,
then the tadpole packages. For more information on installing Solaris on
a SparcBook, see http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/SparcBook-FAQ.txt

--
Wayne W. Adams
wwa at bcstec.ca.boeing.com  Boeing SSG, Technical Services