[Sunhelp] dump&restore

ravi katti rkatti at cmie.com
Wed Jul 7 06:38:38 CDT 1999

Hi all,

We have few critical file systems and i daily dump these file systems on
different hard disks (backup machine ) using ufsdump and levels of 0,1
so on. Now my question is how can i keep the file systems identical? For
eg. whwnever files get deleted from the original file systems these
changes will not be reflected in the back up machines file systems. If any
new files are created or existing files modified then ufsdump and
ufsrestore works fine. Only problem is when the files are deleted...

Command i use is ufsdump 1xf - /dev/dsk/cxtxdxsx | ( cd /mnt && ufsrestore
rf - ).

Thanks & Regards

Ravi Katti						Save the Environment
Systems Administrator
Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy Pvt. Ltd.

Ph. 821 9090/9595