[Sunhelp] Newbie Tips

Michael Radtke mradtke at nwu.edu
Sun Jul 4 17:53:12 CDT 1999

First of all, thank you very much to everyone that has helped me so far
with my hand-me-down Sparcstation 1.  I really appreciate it!  I have
gotten memory installed, (eight 1MB simms for now), and would like to fire
this puppy up and run it remotely via a null modem/serial cable connection
to my NT box.  The problem is that, when I start the Sun, I see the lights
come on and hear the power supply fun run, but no other activity.  I cannot
see a thing with either Hyperterminal or HostAccess.  I thought that all I
had to do was start the Sun without graphics or a keyboard plugged in and
attach a null modem connection to port A to see terminal output on my PC.
Am I missing something?  Is something wrong with the BIOS?

Thanks again,

Mike

Michael Radtke
mradtke at nwu.edu