[Sunhelp] Solaris 8 rules ... Nifty X Features?!?

Dan Jameyson jameyson at iwosys.net
Wed Dec 29 02:23:55 CST 1999

So, in other words, I'll have to wait until the actual release of
Sol8... I'm assuming that Sun has planned for an easy upgrade from the
beta refresh to the production version. Still, I'm really happy with it,
'tis an awesome OS.

But, yeah, I looked at the man page before and didn't see anything about
xinerama; I thought perhaps they may have included two different x
servers. Thanks though, as long as it will be as easy as "man Xsun" when
Sol8 hits the shelves, there shouldn't be any problem - both heads are
24bpp 1164x900.

Also, I did hear that there may be broader video support (for some "PC"
video cards; any truth to that? I have loads of PCI cards I would have
no problem ripping out of the linux boxen for the express purpose of
expanding the "glory" and "magnificence" of my happy little ultra's
desktop size. ;)

Dan