[Sunhelp] Solaris 8 rules ... Nifty X Features?!?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Dec 28 23:44:55 CST 1999

On Tue, Dec 28, 1999 at 09:37:28PM -0800, James Lockwood wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Dec 1999, Dan Jameyson wrote:
> > Anyway, I love having two heads on this ultra5, and I heard that with
> > Solaris 8, one could have a "single" desktop across all the heads...
> > move windows across and so forth. So, how does one go about setting this
> > kind of thing up?
> man Xsun.  Look for the "xinerama" section.

Not in 5.8 Beta_Refresh:

bash-2.03$ man Xsun |grep xinerama
Reformatting page.  Please Wait... done
bash-2.03$

But, I think he's looking for this section:

             The Xsun server also supports the format used by the
             X11R6  sample  X Server. Multiple screen systems are
             specified by using the following syntax on the  com-
             mand line:

             The server uses device 1 as screen 0,  device  2  as
             screen  1, etc., and the server assumes that screens
             are  ordered  left  to  right  in  ascending  screen
             number.   This  means  that the cursor moves off the
             right side of screen n and onto  the  left  side  of
             screen  n  +  1.  When this format is used, no other
             -dev options are valid.

Bill

--
|Bill Bradford          | mrbill at pdp11.org     | mrbill at mrbill.net    |