[Sunhelp] network drop

Alan Rubin rubin at ezy.net
Wed Dec 29 07:31:55 CST 1999

I have an E1000 that frequently loses its network connection for no
apparent reason.  I can't find any error messages in the usual places.
Where should any errors be?  How can I diagnose the problem?  It is
probably the card, nf0, that is the primary net interface, but I don't
want to just change cards and have the same problem.  This is my backup
server.  I have put a little script to make the computer reboot on its own
if it loses connectivity so that I can at least always get to the machine
to check on it.  It always seems to have problems mounting the SSA after
such a reboot, so maybe the problem could be caused by something there?
The SSA drives always need to be fsck'd before I can re-mount them.  How
could I diagnose that problem?

alan

*Alan Rubin*
Sun/Unix/Networking/ISP/Web Writing